- Abrasive Wheels
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness for Architects
- Assessing Display Screen Equipment
- Basic Fire Safety - Care Homes
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness
- Display Screen Equipment Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work Refresher Course
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Marshal
- Fire Marshal - Care Homes
- Legionella Management
- Level 1 Food Safety Catering
- Level 1 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 1 Food Safety Retail
- Level 2 Food Safety Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 2 Food Safety Retail
- Manual Handling Training
- Working at Height
Asbestos has been the main cause of occupational ill health since about 1950 onwards and is still the greatest single work-related cause of death and ill health. Past exposure is now responsible for about 4000 people dying from asbestos related cancers every year.
Every week 20 tradesmen die from asbestos-related disease. If you carry out work on a building that was built or refurbished before the year 2000, you could have been exposed to asbestos, without even knowing it.
As a result of this, since November 2006, asbestos training for maintenance and building operatives has been a legal requirement.
What is it about?
Current legislation places a responsibility on employers to provide adequate training to make employees aware of the risks and potential hazards. This course is designed to provide employees with a basic awareness of the dangers of asbestos and where asbestos may be found.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all employees who may work in areas that could contain asbestos.
Maximum per session:
- What is asbestos and its properties?
- Types and Uses of Asbestos
- Why is it dangerous?
- Where do you find asbestos?
- Health Effects
- Real Life Case Studies
- How to avoid risk of exposure
- Emergency Actions
On completion of the training delegates will undertake a short written assessment to determine the knowledge, understanding and skills they have obtained from the training.
A CSSS Ltd Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to each course delegates attaining the required standard.
£75 discount for every referral who signs up with us.Submit Referral Now
Take a look at the services we provideMore Services
"Top notch, highly recommended"
John Noahks - TjH2b (UK) Lab Manager
"Excellent, prompt service. A real business asset."
John Adcroft - Indsur (UK) Ltd (General Manager)