- Abrasive Wheels
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness for Architects
- Assessing Display Screen Equipment
- Basic Fire Safety - Care Homes
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness
- Display Screen Equipment Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work Refresher Course
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Marshal
- Fire Marshal - Care Homes
- Legionella Management
- Level 1 Food Safety Catering
- Level 1 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 1 Food Safety Retail
- Level 2 Food Safety Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 2 Food Safety Retail
- Manual Handling Training
- Working at Height
CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH (COSHH) ASSESSMENT
Working with chemicals and substances can be safe - when you know how…
Is this course right for me?
If your role involves carrying out, or if you are responsible for chemical and substance handling assessments, this is a great course, that will walk you through the principles, legalities and specifications of this essential assessment process.
What is it about?
This highly-practical one-day course will introduce you to the hazards inherent in working with chemicals, and will help you identify potential risks and implement improvements. You will learn some of the practical methods for carrying out risk assessments in compliance with COSHH Regulations.
What will I learn?
Course participants will learn risk assessment and prevention techniques, along with substance classification, monitoring techniques, control strategies, and the uses of the various types of protective equipment available.
What will it cover?
- Introduction to COSHH
- The COSHH Regulations and associated Codes of Practice
- Sources of information available
- Introduction to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- The status of workplace exposure limits
- Classification of substances
- Problems of identifying chemicals
- Initial assessment procedures
- Monitoring techniques available and their limitations
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Making an assessment of risk potential
- Control strategies
Book your course today by calling 01244 28 9999 or Online by completing the enquiry form below.
Price per person:
£75 discount for every referral who signs up with us.Submit Referral Now
Take a look at the services we provideMore Services
"Top notch, highly recommended"
John Noahks - TjH2b (UK) Lab Manager
"Excellent, prompt service. A real business asset."
John Adcroft - Indsur (UK) Ltd (General Manager)