- Abrasive Wheels
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness for Architects
- Assessing Display Screen Equipment
- Basic Fire Safety - Care Homes
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness
- Display Screen Equipment Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work Refresher Course
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Marshal
- Fire Marshal - Care Homes
- Legionella Management
- Level 1 Food Safety Catering
- Level 1 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 1 Food Safety Retail
- Level 2 Food Safety Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing
- Level 2 Food Safety Retail
- Manual Handling Training
- Working at Height
More than a third of all over-three-day injuries reported each year to HSE and local authorities are caused by poor Manual Handling (the transporting or supporting of loads by hand or by bodily force).
An awareness of safe Manual Handling techniques is therefore vital for employers to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their staff and reduce the risk of enforced absence through injury.
The course covers the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 which apply to a wide range of Manual Handling activities, including lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling or carrying.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all employees who may undertake any form of manual handling operations. This basically means all employees.
What is it about?
Current legislation places a responsibility on employers to provide adequate training to make employees aware of the risks and potential hazards. This course is designed to provide employees with such awareness and safe handling techniques to reduce the risk of Manual Handling injury.
- Review of Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992;
- Spine and vertebrae structures;
- Risk assessment:
- Weight limits and guidelines:
- Manual Handling Assessment Charts (MAC):
- Common back injuries and their causes;
- Safe manual handling techniques:
- Employer/employee obligations;
Upon completion of the course, delegates will undertake a short written assessment to determine the knowledge, understanding and skills they have obtained from the training.
The CSSS Ltd Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to course delegates attaining the required standard.
This course can be combined with other courses to make up a training day module.
Book your course today by calling 01244 28 9999 or Online by completing the enquiry form below.
£75 discount for every referral who signs up with us.Submit Referral Now
Take a look at the services we provideMore Services
"Top notch, highly recommended"
John Noahks - TjH2b (UK) Lab Manager
"Excellent, prompt service. A real business asset."
John Adcroft - Indsur (UK) Ltd (General Manager)